3/8/11

maid cafe adventure

5 March, 2011

Saturday, I was lying on bed, feeling lazy, when suddenly Michael greeted me in msn and he told me thatif we could find 4 people go together, we would have free entry, I looked at my msn list.. no one online. I don't have any early bird friends. I decided to go city and recharge my phone credit. In order to call people to join our maid cafe adventure. After taking lunch in city, I returned home at around 1:30, Michael tole me he found Benson to be part of our adventure term, but we still need one more person.
We met up at Melbourne central at 3:00, and headed straight to the maid cafe. From their facbook photos, we assumed that maid cafe is giraffe cafe. We reach giraffe cafe 3:15 but it was closed. We looked at the window. There is a waiter-wanted notice, we thought that they were trying to hir more maid. Between our time of arrival and its opening hour (which is at 4pm), we had 45 minutes to burn, and we decide to spend it on window shopping. This unexpected 45 minutes shopping was borng, the only thing remarkable was that we found a store with the name of superdry store that sells clothes with a "Superdry" print across them. I told Michael that 'dry' in Hong Kong mean no girl.
Back to giraffe cafe, we sat at a sofa and watching the menu, but we find no maid there. Benson asked Michael to be patient, he said that they were changing. will come out in a minutes. 15 minutes past, still no maid come out. One of the waitress was trying to turn on the music next to me, I asked her,'is it maid cafe?' she looked shocked and confused, I explained to her, 'There was a facebook page about a miad cafe hold in here'. She keep telling me this is giraffe café, that's all. We are so disappointed, checked on their facebook poster which wrote the address is on broke street, le la france, and the time is 11:00pm to 4:00pm. We noticed we were at the wrong place at 4:10pm. Benson suggested that we can still go and have a look, at least we know where is it.

Again we found] nothing, I know Michael still optimistic about the maid café, but I am not so sure it is a real café, I think they are just a group of people like to dress up like maid.

No comments: